- Lowest price guarantee
- Instantly confirmed options
- Famous brands and local fleets
- Free cancellation on most cars
- Free amendments on most cars
- 24/7 customer service
- Trusted by 1 million+ customers
The global leader in Airport Rentals
The beauty of airportrentals.com is that it puts airport customers into a rental car quickly and easily, comparing all the top vehicle types so they always get the best deal. More than 2000 individual airport rental car sites mean we are industry experts who remove all the hassle from car hire, whether you book in advance or at the last minute.
We have booked more than a million car rentals in 2000+ locations across 150 countries. This enviable record makes us one of the world’s most trusted car rental brokers, with independent review site TrustPilot always helping us maintain an impressive benchmark.
Compare rental deals – it’s the only way
We know there is a lot to consider when booking a vehicle. Cost, size and style are all factors to take into account, and tracking down the perfect car hire can be quite a mission. Whether you are looking for a cheap rental, a late deal, an economy vehicle or a luxury SUV, our extensive global network of over 1100 rental suppliers means an enviable choice is yours.
All Airport Rentals require are a few travel details entered into the search engine to generate a list of available car rentals for your airport location. From there, comparing and selecting is a breeze, with the cheapest option listed first. Filters make it even easier to get the exact vehicle you require. You can choose economy cars or a luxury 4WD, specify transmission type, or just make sure you have the right number of seats to fit the whole family.
Right car rental, right price
Airportrentals.com has the buying power to secure great rates from its network of suppliers and pass the savings directly on to you. Our everyday prices are incentive enough, but we also offer as many discounts and deals as we can negotiate. These include special offers, additional free days for longer-term bookings, mystery deals or Airpoints. Take a peek at those on the main page.
We also put our money where our mouth is with a lowest price guarantee. If you can get a quote for a lower price on an identical vehicle to one on our site for the same itinerary, we will beat it.
Pick-up your rental from city locations
Not only do we offer airport rental pick-ups, but you can also search by city location. We have more than 25,000 city depots around the world, which is ideal if you’re flying in late and just want to get a cab to your hotel. You can then organise a nearby vehicle collection the next day. Perhaps the better deal is a city pick-up rather than the airport – compare prices and make your choice. Is your car getting fixed and you need a car rental near your home? We can deliver a convenient, inexpensive option.
Customer service key to airportrentals.com
We pride ourselves on one-on-one phone contact with customers, so you won’t get an automated message at the end of the line. You can get in contact anytime and speak to a friendly customer service expert, thanks to our freephone numbers in more than 20 countries. Our team has a wealth of knowledge on airport car rentals and is ready to answer all of your questions - they are also multi-lingual. Alternatively, you can send through an email via our contact form.
Book a rental at the touch of a button
We have created a fantastic browsing and booking experience, whether you’re using a mobile phone, tablet or desktop device. And you’ll enjoy the same great service when you pick up. Our main site connects in real time to the live inventory of each vehicle, allowing you to book instantly. We have also created the airportrentals.com app. It’s easily downloadable, allowing you to book an airport or city car rental in advance or catch that last-minute deal… yet another reason to trust airportrentals.com.
A new generation of camper rental
When Motorhome Republic was launched in New Zealand 2005, its sole aim was to deliver the best deals on motorhome/RV/campervan rentals. Focusing primarily on comparing all the best international and local camper rental brands, while always providing exceptional customer service, the company soon began to expand. Today, we offer more than 450 depots within our network around the world. Whether you’re planning on stepping out to a sun-drenched beach in Gisborne, sipping a gorgeous red in the Hunter Valley, parking up close to the Vegas strip or perhaps ticking a major music or sports festival off your bucket list, we are here to deliver all the campervan options at the click of a button.
We compare camper brands, so you don’t have to…
Why Motorhome Republic is the only rental option
- There are no booking fees
- We offer a lowest price guarantee
- More than 90,000 customers have already booked with us
- Our customer service team operates seven days a week
- Free amendments on most rentals
- Whether you’re looking for a 2-berth camper, 4-berth, 6-berth, Class A, Class C… we won’t be beaten on international and local brands.
The last word in campervan holidays
Drive Dubai with a Pre-booked Rental Car
Book with the ExpertsWe bring together a huge range of car rentals in one place. Don’t spend hours on the net or the phone looking for the right car rental for your Dubai requirements - find all the options with our easy-to-use search engine. Just input location, dates and a few other details to bring up a list of the available vehicles – you will then have all the information you need to compare them and make a decision. What’s more, we have a team of booking specialists who can answer any queries.
Our commitment to customers is to have the lowest prices on the internet. We are always working to find the best deals - but if you come across a lower price elsewhere, bring us the quote and we will beat it by $1 (terms and conditions apply). We are also dedicated to offering a wide range of vehicles, and to this end we have a global network which includes both international and local brands. On our site you will find companies including Avis, Europcar, Hertz and so many more.
Dubai DestinationsThere is much to see in Dubai. Beach-lovers flock to the Jumeirah district. Downtown Dubai houses the world’s tallest building (the Burj Khalifa), the world’s biggest mall (Dubai Mall) and many other high-rises and hotels. The Dubai Marina area is the place to go for restaurants and the open-air market, and you will also find the famous man-made Palm Islands which are in the shape of palm trees. For golds and textiles, Satwa is the place to be, while various other districts offer souks selling spices, gold, fabrics and Middle-Eastern delights.
Should you wish to get out of the city, Abu Dhabi is a short drive from Dubai and is an opulent, wealthy location with plenty of shopping malls. The UAE also has plenty of natural attractions for a road-tripper, with huge and beautiful sand dunes, fantastic beaches on the east coast, oases in Al Ain and waterfalls galore.
Handy tips for a Dubai adventureThere are a few things to keep in mind when holidaying in Dubai. Alcohol is widely available in every emirate except Sharjah, but a liquor license (which proves you are not a Muslim) is technically required in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Ajman, although generally overlooked. Western food and shopping is widespread, but it’s well worth trying to find a more traditional Arabian experience. The month of Ramadan can be tricky, as most restaurants are closed during daytime hours, and people gather for shared meals after sundown. It is recommended that you dress modestly at all times when in public as a sign of respect for the local culture, so no low necklines or short skirts.
Track Down the Best: Motorhome Rental Companies in Australia
Motorhome Rental Options
Make the Best Choice with Motorhome Republic.com
Car rental made easy at Melbourne Airport
Stress-free with the best brandsYour flight into Melbourne Airport has touched down and all you want to do is pick up your hire car and get going. That’s where we step in, alleviating all the stress and making the rental process as easy as possible. Rather than spending hours tracking down quotes online or on the phone, just enter your dates, locations and details into our simple search engine to be presented with a wide range of options. Our global network of rental suppliers means you will be spoilt for choice, with vehicles from big international brands such as Budget, Europcar and Hertz, alongside smaller local companies including Advance Car Rental, East Coast Car Rentals and Atlas Rentals.
All the information you need is right there in the search results. You can compare company reviews, petrol level drop-off protocols, whether the company has an on-airport depot or a shuttle service, the vehicle age and the features: roadside assistance, free cancellation and unlimited mileage.
The price is always rightOur lowest price promise is a reflection of our commitment to having the lowest car rental prices on the web. We are constantly looking for Melbourne car rental deals to pass on to our customers, and should you receive a better quote from another website, we will match it (terms and conditions apply).
Sights and Sounds of MelbourneSo, you’ve picked up your rental car from Melbourne Airport and are wondering where to go? The city centre is the spot for restaurants, cafes, galleries, museums, clubs and pubs, and it has an excellent public transport system, which makes it easy to get around if you fancy a break from driving. Youthful Southbank is packed with entertainment, St Kilda has a buzzing beach scene, while for a fascinating historical journey, head to South Melbourne and the old ports.
The Great Ocean Road is an Australian institution and one of the most scenic routes you will ever drive. Curving along the cliffs of southern Victoria, it is a road trip for the bucket list. Those who prefer cities to nature can make the journey north to orderly Canberra and bold, worldly Sydney, or west to beautiful Adelaide. Looking for adventure? Head to Adelaide and into the mighty Outback along the Stuart Highway. So many options, so let us provide the wheels to get you there.
Hire from the best at Hobart Airport
Book with Us
- Low prices: We are dedicated to bringing you the best possible deals on the internet. As well as constantly looking for bargains to pass on to you, we have a lowest price promise. This means that if you are quoted a lower price elsewhere online, we will do our best to beat it.
- Great range: Our network of suppliers is extensive and far-reaching, so that we can bring you as many options as possible for your car rental in Hobart. We offer not only the big international rental brands such as Budget, Thrifty and Avis, but also smaller local companies, including Selective Car Rentals.
- Our website is set up to make the booking process simple. Just enter your requirements and you will be presented with your options - easy! All of the information is right there on the results page, from pick-up details to company reviews, and you can narrow the search even further with filters. If there are any problems, our team of customer service representatives is only a phone call away and can answer even the trickiest questions.
Tasmania Travels: Where your Car Rental Can Take YouHobart is not a big city, but it packs a punch in terms of history and culture. The museums and art galleries tell the story of this maritime port city, and the Salamanca Market is a fantastic Saturday morning attraction selling produce, food and gifts. On the outskirts of the city, you will find Cadbury’s Chocolate Factory, Australia’s oldest brewery and a number of wineries.
The party starts once you get out of Hobart and into the wilderness that covers much of Tasmania. Highway B61 will take you right into the middle, to Lake Gordon and Lake Peddler which are surrounded by various national parks. Arguably the most scenic spot on the island is the Freycinet Peninsula, home to the stunning Wineglass Bay with its beautiful red and pink granite formations.
Planning on travelling during the holidays? Make sure you book well in advance so you can get the vehicle you want. December to February is peak summer season in Hobart, and it includes the Christmas period and Australia Day. So move quickly if you want to celebrate these during your Hobart car rental holiday! And find the best rental deal with airportrentals.com in the process.
The main thoroughfares you will be using in central Hobart are the Brooker Highway across to the Northern Suburbs, Tasman and Bowen Bridges, Bass Highway, Macquarie Street, the Tasman Highway and the B32 East Derwent Highway. Right in the middle of town, there’s Elizabeth, Liverpool and Campbell Streets, while the A3, A6 and Highway 1 loop around these main tourism hot-spots. Unlike Sydney and Melbourne, you do not have to worry about toll roads in Tasmania.
Hobart International Airport into the cityThe route from Hobart’s main airport to the CBD in your car rental is relatively straightforward. Depending on traffic, it can take you less than 20 minutes – just get on the Tasman Highway/A3, via Holyman Avenue, and follow that for 15km (just over 10 minutes) onto Liverpool Street, which will take you into the heart of the city. As is common in Australia, Hobart is situated on a river – and you will travel over the Derwent as you arrive at your central destination. You will also bypass the Aquatic Centre and Theatre Royal, but there are numerous other sights and sounds to enjoy.
Handy guide to driving in Hobart
- There are numerous one-way streets, so don’t get caught out – an installed GPS in your Hobart car rental would be very handy.
- Insurance cover is recommended, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- With so many arcades and lanes in central Hobart, think seriously about getting a central park and wandering the streets – a stress-free way to travel.
- The major spot for congestion is the Brooker Highway, with the highest number of delays.
- Travel time from Hobart to Launceston in your car rental will be around 2.5 hours.
- While the general road standards are high, if you’re travelling to coastal areas or through the mountains, expect a variety of terrain. Winds may also be gusting, so the main message is to take your time.
- Main tourism areas are Launceston, Strahan, Coles Bay and Cradle Mountain. If you’re seeking accommodation, book in advance – especially during summer.
- Apart from the obvious holiday periods, there are numerous public holidays. Australia Day (January 26), Eight Hours Day (second Monday in March), Anzac Day (April 25) and Queen’s Birthday (first Monday of June) will see many people go on the travels – and the demand for Hobart car hire will be at its peak.
- Argyle Street Car Park: You will find 950 parking bays here, where you can also store your bike if you’re of a more energetic nature. It opens from 7am-10pm from Monday to Sunday. Short-term parking upto 90 minutes is free, while a two-hour stay will cost $1.60, $3.80 for upto three hours. Eight hours will set you back $19.
- Centrepoint Car Park: Access is from Victoria Street, but note this is a main park for the Centrepoint Shopping Centre and is very popular. Opening at 8am and closing at 6.15pm Monday to Friday, you will find 782 parking bays. On weekends it closes even earlier, so don’t bank on Centrepoint if you have evening plans.
- Hobart Central Car Park: On Melville Street, this facility has 465 parking bays, with similar tariffs to Argyle Street.
- You can find other parking options at Trafalgar Place, Market Place and public, metered spots. Always check the signs carefully – wardens are regular and you don’t want to get caught out.
Parking at Hobart International AirportThere are a couple of parking options at the airport. First up is the Main Car Park, located right in front of the main terminal off Addison Drive. The first 10 minutes are free, with $3 for upto 30 minutes. An hour will set you back $6. If you’re looking for a longer-term stay, it will cost just over $100 dollars.
The Saver Car Park is off Gatty Street and is just a few minutes’ walk to the terminal. Ideal as a longer-term choice, this is a new facility at Hobart International Airport. A whole day costs just $14 and $60 for seven days. Check out hobartairport.com.au for more information – there is also impressive Valet Parking on offer.
Grab a spot and stay thereIf you’re enjoying the many attractions of Hobart, you’re likely to want to visit Salamanca markets and Battery Point. For Salamanca, see out the docks off Castray Esplanade, while Montpellier Street is another good area. You will find multi bay and single-head parking meters – always have some spare change. Parks are also available near the Parliament building, for a small fee. Just be patient, you will find one in the end!
- BP Garage, 3 Holyman Avenue, Cambridge, 7170 This is literally a stone’s throw away from the main terminal.
- Caltex Australia Ltd, 263 Kennedy Drive, 7170 Just across the way from the BP, if your preference is Caltex, you are in luck.
- BP, 967 Cambridge Rd, Cambridge, 7170 Close to the Tasman Highway and B31.
- Major thoroughfares such as Main Road, B64 and Clarence Street in Bellerive have numerous fuelling options.
Finding the best prices in TasmaniaHistorically, Australian fuel prices can vary greatly from region to region. However these extremes don’t apply so much in Hobart. As of January 2015, fuel prices in the city didn’t vary too much – between 132.5 cents per litre at Caltex Hobart on Brooker Avenue, and 133.5 cents on Green Point Road at United Bridgewater. However, please note that this is considerably higher than the likes of Melbourne and Brisbane. Also, there’s often a jump in cost in Launceston, so it’s a better idea to fill up in Hobart if you’re taking a road trip.
Whether you’re purchasing Unleaded, Diesel or LPG, remember that the later at night you drive, the less likely it is you will find a petrol station open. There are some very isolated spots in Tasmania and you don’t want to be caught short.
Fill up early, take your time and drive safely in this beautiful city.